As winter morphs into spring and then summer, we long for warmer days, fresh air through open windows, and being surrounded by lighter colors and fresh décor. But you unless you’re independently wealthy and have unlimited time on your hands, you probably can’t afford to redecorate your home every season. Here are 10 free or inexpensive things you can do to give your home a warm-season refresh:
- Pack away the heavy throws and throw rugs, and bring out your lighter-colored, lightweight ones instead.
- Give throw pillows an update with inexpensive pillow covers that zip on over your existing pillows.
- Ditch the dark-colored, heavy-scented candles for fresh spring/summer scents in pastel colors.
- Take down heavy drapes and replace them (for the season) with filmy linen or sheers. Or don’t replace them at all.
- Have fresh flowers around the house. They can come from your garden or find inexpensive bouquets at farmer’s markets or the grocery store.
- Add some new houseplants, as well. Nothing says spring/summer like plants!
- Trade in your dark-colored and flannel sheets for light percale or linen.
- Update soaps and lotions to fruity or floral spring/summer scents.
- Swap out dark towels and bath rugs for lighter, springier colors.
- Buy some pastel-colored wine glasses, tumblers, or a set of floral dinner plates for a mealtime refresh.
Some things you may need to purchase up front, but then you can use them over and over again every year. Search second-hand shops and garage sales for things, as well. It can be easy and inexpensive to give your home a refresh for the spring and summer months.
I help single women get from where they are to where they want to be by overcoming their sadness and starting to live their best lives through mindset and lifestyle changes. Contact me to learn how it’s possible to live a single, blissful life.
Create your life plan and
start living your most
blissful single-girl life.
Learn how to change your mindset and take action so that you can go from where you are now to where you want to be.