Who doesn’t love a good cheese board, filled with different cheeses, maybe some meats, and crusty bread or gourmet crackers, with all those beautiful accoutrements to go with them? It’s a work of art when they bring it to the table and even more fun to eat. But they can be expensive, too, and are always too much for one.
There’s a way you can recreate those fancy cheese boards at home, sized and priced just for one. I found all of these ingredients at my small-city supermarket. You will need a small board or you can simply use a dinner plate, and small condiment dishes are helpful, too. Here are three examples that you can copy or use as inspiration to create your own.
Board 1 Ingredients:
- Sliced herbed goat cheese – you can get this in a small log
- Water crackers
- Green grapes – perfect for Spring/Summer
- Cornichon – they sound expensive, but they’re not
- Apricot jam
Board 2 Ingredients:
- Wedge of Brie cheese – smaller and cheaper than a whole wheel
- Prosciutto – you can get this in small amounts; I was able to buy 2oz
- Rosemary, raisin and pecan crackers
- Halved strawberries
- Raspberry jam
Board 3 Ingredients:
- Gruyere cheese – the one real splurge here
- Melba toasts
- Grainy mustard
- Rosemary and parsley sprigs, optional (just to pretty it up)
I help single women get from where they are to where they want to be by overcoming their sadness and starting to live their best lives through mindset and lifestyle changes. Contact me to learn how it’s possible to live a single, blissful life.
Create your life plan and
start living your most
blissful single-girl life.
Learn how to change your mindset and take action so that you can go from where you are now to where you want to be.