What’s Galentine’s Day? It’s February 13th, the day before Valentine’s Day, and it’s the day set aside to celebrate your girlfriends. It originated on the television show, “Parks and Recreation,” and was coined by the character, Leslie Knope, played by Amy Poehler. It went viral and is now recognized as a holiday, if not officially.
If you’re like most single women, you dread Valentine’s Day. Like there needs to be a specific day to point out that you’re single, and won’t be receiving flowers and candy from your love. Lots of women who are in relationships dread it, too, btw, because it never seems to play out the way they’d like it to. Which is why having a holiday like Galentine’s Day is so amazing! It’s your chance to celebrate the women in your life whom you truly love and who truly love you. Don’t know what to do to make it special?
Here are 10 ways to celebrate Galentine’s Day and forget that Valentine’s Day even exists:
- Throw a Galentine’s Day party. It can be a big, dress-up party like the one I threw for my book launch, or it can be you and a couple girlfriends watching chick flicks and eating popcorn in your jammies.
- Choose a single friend and do for her what you’d expect from a romantic partner on V-Day. Buy her flowers and candy. Take her out for a nice dinner. Let her know how special she is to you.
- Plan a G-Day brunch or happy hour. On “Parks and Recreation,” Leslie Knope got her besties together for waffles every year.
- Get mani-pedis with the girls. Sometimes they even let you bring in wine!
- Send Galentine’s Day cards to all your single-girl besties. Who wouldn’t want to get a lovely Galentine in the mail, especially when nothing good ever comes in the mail? Tell each friend what she means to you.
- Invite your gfs over for a special meal that you cook yourself. We’re always wanting guys to do this for us, aren’t we? If you don’t want to stress yourself out with all the work, make it a potluck.
- Have a girls’ game night. You know how wild and hilarious board games can get. The raucous fun will make you forget that V-Day even exists.
- Celebrate you all by yourself. There’s nothing that says you can’t celebrate the girlfriend that is you. Take yourself for a spa day and then out to lunch, or go shopping and buy yourself something special. Whatever it is that you like to do.
I help single women get from where they are to where they want to be by overcoming their sadness and starting to live their best lives through mindset and lifestyle changes. Contact me to learn how it’s possible to live a single, blissful life.
Create your life plan and
start living your most
blissful single-girl life.
Learn how to change your mindset and take action so that you can go from where you are now to where you want to be.